The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you - particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification, if that's your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (eLearning, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of five sections of the Open Water Diver course.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills – just the first three of five dives of the Open Water Diver course
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore – just two of four dives of the Open Water Diver course.
The whole course can be completed in 2 days once you have completed the home study section. The first day is spent in our onsite heated swimming pool and the second day is spent away at Capernwray for your 2 Open Water Dives.
After completing your home study and exam, your course will break down as follows:
- Home study completed in your own time
- Pool session completed in our onsite heated pool
- One day at Capernwray completing Open Water Dives 1 & 2
Call the shop on 01924 444888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss dates.